About this Course
The Prevention of Wildlife Trafficking course seeks to equip freight forwarders with the necessary knowledge needed to address instances of wildlife trafficking. The course sheds light on the scale of illicit wildlife trade, how smugglers make use of legal trade routes and methods, as well as how freight forwarders can and should respond to suspected incidents.
The course consists of three distinct modules, each with its own core focus on the issue of wildlife trafficking.
Let’s take a quick look at these modules:
- Module 1 introduces the concept of wildlife trafficking and the role of freight forwarding.
- Module 2 explains the routes, methods and species involved in trafficking.
- Module 3 covers safety measures and steps freight forwarders can take to address trafficking incidents.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What web browser should I use?
The Open edX platform works best with current versions of Chrome, Firefox or Safari, or with Internet Explorer version 9 and above. See our list of supported browsers for the most up-to-date information.
2. How long will it take me to complete the course?
It will take approximately four hours to work through the content and complete this course
3. Can I access this course using my smartphone or tablet?
Yes. This course is available on both desktop and mobile. If you would like to do the course on a smartphone or tablet, you will need to download the FIATA app for either Android or iOS, depending on your device.
4. Will I be assessed on this course?
No. Although the course includes knowledge checks throughout the course.